Working At Varee Chiangmai International
Varee Chiangmai International School is seeking a Secondary Student Counsellor to start in January 2019. The secondary school has approximately 150 students on role. This role is to support students emotional well-being, provide counselling services where required and support the principal in student affairs.
Varee Chiangmai International School is a fully accredited member of EDT (Education Development Trust). It is part of a larger Thai school and actively promotes Thai language and culture. Our Secondary School is growing meaning we need to create additional classes. The school is located close to the centre of Chiang Mai, the bustling capital of Thailand’s northern Lanna region: an area of misty mountains, Buddhist temples and diverse Hill Tribe cultures, as well as a thriving social scene. Chiang Mai has been rated among the top 10 most liveable cities in Asia. It has a laid back atmosphere, enjoys a tropical climate tempered by altitude most of the year, and, above all, is affordable. The lifestyle achievable means that most of our teachers renew their initial contract.
The successful candidate should:
- Degree/qualification in School Counselling, Social Work, Counselling Psychology, and/or related field which incorporates counselling skills
- Previous training and/or experience working with secondary aged students, ideally in a multi-cultural/international school setting
- Previous and current training in child protection and/or safeguarding issues
- Have at least 1 year’s experience in a similar role, either in the UK or an international setting.
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to work with diverse groups of colleagues, students and parents, as well as different cultures.
- Have a flexible attitude as our school grows and develops.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staffroom.
- Be willing to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
- Able to use technology to track students and update records.
In return we offer:-
- A two year contract.
- A locally competitive salary in line with other international schools in Chiang Mai.
- Housing support.
- Aetna medical insurance.
- End of contract bonus and flight support
- Visa and work permit support.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
Applications are open until 31 October 2018, though we will start contacting suitable applicants from 12 October 2018. Please apply via email to email@example.com, including the following:
- Your CV, including contact details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer.
- A letter of application outlining the reasons you would like to work at our school and the skills you would bring.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype for candidates not presently in Chiang Mai. Successful candidates will be required to provide police clearance from their country of residence.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.